View Single Post
      05-25-2016, 10:05 PM   #13
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I love it. It brakes flat like a sports car and not much body roll. Just the limits are much lower than a sports car but it drives like a super sporty car. Mine has PTV and I do not know if its not as sharp without. I took a faster turn onto the highway and when I thought it was going to understeer the vehicle just turned in. It didn't feel normal so I'm thinking that was PTV at work.

Much more composed than the 335M. It doesn't bobble, which I hate on any car. What shocked me is how quiet and smooth the vehicle is. The bose is pretty good mainly due to the quiet cabin. After realizing this SUV being so good and quiet, if I were to buy again I'd consider Burmesister and noise insulated glass. The Macan definitely feels more upper class than my F80 did. The brakes are strong and feels more like the F80 vs the perfect typical Porsche brake feel. Disappointed slightly but more than acceptable especially since it's not a car.

I'm not a fan of SUV until I drove the Macan. I would guess only the GLA45 would be the closest competitor and having selling my CLA45 due to the lack of steering, brakes feel with the most horrid tranny it is not even an option. Also the interior on the CLA is lacking with all that plastic and aftermarket screen.

Regarding this 13 best I would like to hear R&T response on why the GT4 is not even on their 13 best? I'm really curious.
Thanks for the feedback. Since you have a GT4 (and I used to have one), it is nice to hear another's perspective on cars/SUVs. I am a hater of SUVs, but the Macan does hold my interest if I decide to go more practical this time around. I also actually really like how it looks. If we are talking 4-door Porsches, it is better looking than the Cayenne and Panamera I believe. It also helps that I hear many others say good things about the Macan as well...
Appreciate 0