05-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #26
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Same here. The Pioneer 1010HD I have is at least 12 years old. But I'm starting to think about replacing it as my daughter got a hold of the remote and screwed with the color display mode. Ended up screwing up some pixels in the middle of the screen and on the lower left corner. Fortunately, it's only present when specific colors have to be displayed.

The Pioneer 141FD I have....absolutely no complaints about it. Might replace the 1010HD with the 141FD and look into an OLED. Only reason being, I'm intrigued by the black level and HDR performance. Had the 1010HD not develop the pixel problems, I would just stay put with the plasmas I have.
Interestingly my plasma is also a Pioneer. We have a Panasonic 42” plasma in the bedroom that we bought at the same time but I always felt the Pioneer was far superior. I expect that if I put a new TV with newer technology right next to it, the new one would blow it away. So I don’t do that. .

Eventually it will be replaced but I’m trying to hold out as long as possible. We do need to buy something smaller for a vacation condo we are closing on this summer so I hope that doesn’t ruin my Pioneer for me.
zx10guy5149.50