View Single Post
      03-20-2019, 08:25 AM   #50
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Again, lots of wrong information. Rolex isn't telling ADs there's limited quantities. ADs are saying this. Two different things. There is only one single Rolex owned boutique in the entire world, just one. The rest are just Rolex brand authorized dealers.
The BLNR is still on the configurator. The Rolex website is trash. You have to pick the steel then the bezel...All three bezels are still there. It wasn't in the normal catalog but the BLNR was in the master catalog. That has been confirmed. The standard catalog that people get over the counter at ADs doesn't include every single Rolex model, also, this has been confirmed in the past.

A bunch of idiots went into a panic after Basel because the BLNR wasn't in the Basel press materials...meanwhile the watch was clearly displayed at Basel along with the LN and new BLRO. No watch that has been cancelled by Rolex has ever been shown at Basel in the presentation displays.
Only in the history or lineage displays.

If the BLNR really has stopped, I can bet my money that it is just being updated to the new movement. Same for the black LN which no-one is talking about because it isn't as popular and has always been easy to get. People are just using social media to hype things up so they can see the value of their watch go up or in hopes of reselling and making a profit.

As i said, looks like the BLNR and LN as the 116710 have been discontinued and replaced with a new BLNR 126710 w/ updated case, movement and jubilee vs oyster. The LN is gone for the time being.

Now to see how the secondary market reacts. Hopefully i made the right play by selling all my inventory last week when prices shot up.

Also, after talking to a few dealers this morning, sounds like most are not carrying over the old BLNR waitlists. So those that were on the waitlist for awhile waiting for a BLNR to show up, now need to go get back on the waitlist.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1