View Single Post
      02-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #25
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Depending on which calculator you use, and the activity multiplier (some calculators use terrible multipliers) your BMR is around 1900, and your TDEE around 2800 (to me the calculator is off, and I'd suspect you need more than 2800, but it's a starting point). If you really want to dial in your diet you need to track your calories (weigh your food) and set up your macros for your goals. Then adjust your intake based on the results you're getting.

Personally, I don't like cardio (hate it actually). So take this with a grain of salt; you're doing too much cardio. If you like it that's great, but if you're only using cardio to cut weight I'd suggest sticking to 3-5 30 minute HIIT sessions a week. Aside from this make sure you do the 'big lifts' every week.

If you feel your energy tanking as the weeks go by consider a carb refeed day, or two if necessary.
After googling the terms BMR and TDEE I can now respond to this! I do have a food scale but honestly, I mostly estimate things such as my chicken breast weight or the amount of veggies (what exactly is 1 cup of green beans or asparagus? they won't fit in a cup!)

I do like cardio, but I like it both for the "me time" aspect and because I like how more defined it seems to get my obliques. Like I said, lately I've been doing more because the Warriors play during my gym time and it's fun to run and watch them.

I do alternate my HIIT in with my running. I've been trying to cycle in some more lower impact cardio (elliptical, incline walking, stair master) because my T-band has been upset and it's ruining my leg days (knee so tight squats are unbearable). HIIT is one of the more rewarding cardio activities, I feel, because of how hard it is and how good I feel succeeding at the end of it. I think your calorie estimate is probably pretty darn close to what I should be eating though, and that has been my target range as well. I'm probably still a little short of that goal but I am working up to it. Thank you for contribution!
Appreciate 0