02-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #160
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
everybody does it at my gym except for the two dudes that want everybody to know that they are using "big weights" ....basic psychology says if its that heavy get a spotter. There's plenty of things you can do to help you not drop the weight, but its much easier to find an excuse. Does grunting as loud as possible also help you get that last rep?? Can you imagine what gyms would be like if everybody did that...thanks for letting us know how much you lift by the way, you proved my point
Ok man you win. I'm not gonna convince you otherwise.

I don't know what gym you goto if guys actually never drop heavy Dumbbells...except two guys. I've been going to the gym for 20 years+ and been to half a dozen gyms.

I really don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about the amount of weight I do. I drop it because I physically can't even finish the last rep. It's not an excuse dude. And I grunt because I'm exerting a lot more than I would otherwise. So the fact I drop weight proves nothing in regard to me in specific.

Plus I don't ALWAYS have a spotter. Even when I do, the weights still drop. Hey, if YOU can "gently" place 100lbs+ Dumbbells down from an awkward kneeling position with palms open (spotter), then more power to you.

If you can keep maxing out your own personal best each time you lift without going to fatigue/failure then food for you. Maybe I just don't have your stamina. What can I say.

I DROP my weights. I don't THROW them. There's a difference.
Appreciate 1