View Single Post
      11-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #2321
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Exactly - reading and understanding someone's preferences and comfort level is key. My wife and I both make decent money (I think), and could certainly afford to go out to the $100/plate places if we chose. But both of us are much more comfortable in a pub. That's what we like, and so that's what we gravitate towards. We'll only go somewhere fancy for something really special, like one of our birthdays or an anniversary...but otherwise, what we enjoy and are comfortable in are pubs.

"Danyell" may very well be the same way. I still cannot get over this spelling of the name, I'm sorry. It will haunt me for a while.
You sound like my wife and me. We get dressed up and spend some money on our anniversary because it seems like the appropriate thing to do, but I would MUCH rather be at a pub or on the bar side of a “regular” restaurant where it’s lively and fun than having some waiter hovering around me all evening.

As for Danyell, maybe she was in a better financial situation earlier on (married) and is not unaccustomed to nicer places and is working two jobs now because of changed circumstances?
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00