View Single Post
      11-30-2018, 09:40 AM   #2318
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Exactly - reading and understanding someone's preferences and comfort level is key. My wife and I both make decent money (I think), and could certainly afford to go out to the $100/plate places if we chose. But both of us are much more comfortable in a pub. That's what we like, and so that's what we gravitate towards. We'll only go somewhere fancy for something really special, like one of our birthdays or an anniversary...but otherwise, what we enjoy and are comfortable in are pubs.

"Danyell" may very well be the same way. I still cannot get over this spelling of the name, I'm sorry. It will haunt me for a while.
This. I make decent money for the area I live, the girlfriend does ok but also has 3 small children and doesn't get to experience things like this often. Birthdays/special occasions are ok but I personally prefer to keep things low-key. Just because I can afford to do something doesn't mean that I will. People with that type of mentality are usually those that can not afford it. I saw recently somewhere about how people with money wear jeans with holes in them and people who are poor wear Prada, Channel, etc.

I'd rather have the money in the bank that to try and project an image of being someone with a lot of money.
Appreciate 3
Joekerr7929.00
________4158.50