View Single Post
      01-31-2020, 01:22 AM   #1
Gurvir
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, 2008 BMW 528XI

Need Help ASAP with my 528XI

Hi, unfortunately here where I live in Calgary Alberta Canada the weather went to -40C last week and killed my starter. With the temperature this past week now being +10C (thankfully) I decided to put in the new starter in but may have done more harm than good.

While taking off the Intake Manifold off, I think I might have broken a piece off the harness holder next to the fuel rail and the broken plastic went to the cylinder 3 valves without me noticing before I put in the shop towels to prevent degree and moister getting in (too late for that).

Since I didn't notice the plastic being in there I continued to replace the starter and put it all back together. The car ran and idled really good for 30 mins and I decided it was time to take it to get some coffee. 10 mins into my drive the car started mis firing and I quickly brought the car back to the garage and scanned it with Ista+. Car now came with the code 0029CF: Combustion misfires Cylinder 3

I knew that the car was fine before the starter went so I took apart the intake manifold and that's when I saw what looks like a piece of plastic in one of the valves in cylinder 3 (Will have pictures of cylinder 2 and Cylinder 3 attached)

Any suggestions on what to do? Don't want to take it to the dealer as that's going to be a massive repair bill but am willing to do the work myself to get it out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0