04-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #293
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I see what you are saying, but the alignment looks right to me and remaining differences appear to be poor photography.

Generally, the easy give away on fake Subs is the crown guard. The guards in the pic look spot on to me, but I'll say too the poor quality and angle of the pic make a certain determination not an easy thing.

Not that it would apply to the Kermit pictured earlier, but God help the soul who has an older model that just plain doesn't have all the anti-pirating features that more recent ones do. My going-on-twenty Sub doesn't have that or several other anti-fraud features. My Milgauss does. My 30+ Air King also has nothing of the sort.

If I'm honest, I think Rolex does more to make it difficult for secondary market consumers to distinguish fakes than do the folks who actually make them. What with their offerings in selected markets, the interchangeable dials and bezels, the very minimal variations from year to year, and specific-geographic-market-only issues like the 1976 Asian Smurf (http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalo...03)...it's close to impossible for anyone but Rolex to actually know whether any given watch is authentic or fake.

All the best.
I have never owned a fake article but I have seen hundreds of authentic Rolex from the store, friends, mine's, etc... and I can easily tell

Trained eye can tell these little imperfections
Appreciate 0