View Single Post
      03-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #20
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I lived there for about 9 years up until I graduated high school. Best I can describe it is like the US but everything is in Spanish and everything is shittier. I wouldn't bother taking a nice car over there unless you want to destroy it. Then again we have seen some pretty horrific roads right here in the US when we've traveled up north.

Best areas to live in:

Dorado
Condado
Old San Juan
Miramar
Ocean Park

This is basically where the rich people live. Not sure what you are looking to spend but they are not cheap. Everything else outside those areas is pretty much the same. Avoid being near the big low income buildings they have all over the island. They call them "caserios" and typically the areas around them are pretty bad. There are some huge ones and unfortunately they are spread all over the island.

If you rent something in the rich areas they will probably have AC, but note that most people and most houses in PR do not have AC like in the states. Electricity is very expensive so most people might have a window unit in the bedroom just for sleeping. Having central AC like here in the states is very rare for most of the island. Power and water go out all the time, hurricane or not.

Everything takes longer and is more convoluted that in the states.
Appreciate 1
Hawkeye2069.50