View Single Post
      07-17-2023, 07:53 AM   #8
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Some great replies in this thread already - thank you all! I'm going to pick out a couple statements and ask some questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Even if you aren't a diabetic, read about diabetic nutrition and that will help you avoid all of the bad shit.
I hadn't thought about that, but it's a good idea. I'll peruse some diabetic diet guides and see what I can grab from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Salt.
Check out The Salt Fix by Dr. James DiNicolantonio.

Also read any of Dr. Mark Hyman's books.
Maybe something I will work on in the future -thank you - I usually try to work on one thing at a time. Theory of continuous improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcoil View Post
my gf and I never go to restaurants.

Even I can whip up a loaf of sandwich bread in a few minutes. it's the two-hours of letting it rise that is time consuming.
Restaurants would be great for me to cut down on - in a few ways. Money savings, waistline savings, etc. It is something I'm working on. I used to eat out 5 - 7 times per week. Now, I'm down to 1 - 2 times per week.

Also, care to share which bread recipe you enjoy? My wife makes one bread, but it's really more of a savory treat than a healthy substitute for the bread in the stores (she makes a bacon beer bread).