View Single Post
      06-07-2022, 03:23 PM   #2
Boston4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 N51 M-Sport 6MT

Overall, neither of these watches (and likely nothing produced by MK) is a good fit for this use case.

ii. Generally most quartz watches in this price range will require a battery every ~2 years, so how long it takes for it to require its first battery change depends mostly on how much time has elapsed from when it left the factory to when you bought it (you'd hope that the movements are stopped, that's not always the case).
iii. As a general rule, I don't expose watches to water unless they have a screw down crown - certainly not any chronographs. Too many opportunities for water ingress. I would not expect either of these watches to survive being subjected to regular water exposure.
iv. Not sure which colors you're looking at, but if it's anything other than steel-tone, the PVD case treatment will scratch/wear off quickly. The crystal in both is a mineral crystal, rather than a sapphire one, so it will be prone to scratches. I would not expect particularly robust clasps or bracelets, either. The case sizes are on the large side, so it'll be easier to bang them into stuff.

TLDR: These are cheap, disposable fashion watches. I would not expect them to last a long time or to hold up well to regular wear. I'd wear a Seiko, Orient, or Citizen 10/10 times before I'd wear a MK, especially for doing chores.
Appreciate 0