09-12-2022, 10:56 AM   #10
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Add me to the short list. I started playing my last year in high school (1988) and have been playing off and on since. I don't think music ever leaves those it truly touches. I taught guitar for several years for extra money here and there.

Quick couple of pix from 1992 when I was pretty into it.

Q: Were/are you in a band?
A: Yes, I was in a few bands, one heavy and one acoustic.

Q: Do you still play?
A: Weekly, if not daily.

Q: What's your favorite guitar?
A: Ibanez JS model, but I've always wanted an original Floral Pattern JEM.
Aren't you the guy w the 1st gen MR2? Great taste, and I've always liked the look of Ibanezs so finally got one a while back. Too bad it's my only axe. I regret selling some of my other guitars. I still dunno what I'm doing, I really need one w a thinner neck as my hands aren't big. Oh well.

Btw, this thread needs more pix so here's mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
The next day, I bought finger picks and started learning folk and folk rock songs. Those were the days!
Haha, tell me about it, I used to grow my fingernails long and after that stage bought some finger and thumb picks. Think I still have them lying around (the picks, not my long fingernails lol).

Btw, what are you guys' fave guitars? I'm just going by looks. I'm not up-to-date on the latest but I recall being smitten by the PRSs, esp w the bird inlays:

Cool story about said inlays:
Attached Images

The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?

Last edited by tranquility; 09-12-2022 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 4
///MPhatic13862.50
sygazelle11416.00
hubbahubba8819.50
NYG10742.50