View Single Post
      11-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #7
DeeDubauWhy
Private
Rep
Drives: .

If you know the history of the car and it hasn't been given a suspension refresh at 90k, you'll need a suspension refresh...eventually. There are some other things to check. Obviously an alignment is needed if your holding the wheel to a side to keep it straight but if you're having steering wheel shaking at certain highway speeds, and under hard braking, it's possible you need to replace your rotors/pads/sensor too.

I finished doing a major overhaul including Guide arms/Thrust arms/Control arms/Suspension links/Ball joints as well as knocking out replacing Brake lines and a Brake fluid flush (all steps followed exactly per ISTA including setting it at neutral point under weight). Yet after doing that plus getting an alignment I still had a slight shimmy at a certain highway speed with hard braking! Only then did I realize that I overlooked putting in new rotors/pads/sensor even when they were in my face the whole time not noticing how worn done they were.

TL;DR - Pull off rotors and check minimum thickness. If they're close to it don't bother getting them turned. Get new rotors/pads/sensor and than go get an alignment. Keep in mind that you'll still eventually need a suspension refresh as all sealed joints are possibly torn/worn.
Appreciate 0