View Single Post
      03-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #100
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Here in the Hudson Valley/Catskills of NY State, both nearby grocery stores are 100% out of water, paper products, meats, and other staples. One store's dairy section was wiped out, and the other one still had a few stray gallons of milk. The dollar stores are also wiped out. The one grocery store that is open 24/7 has announced that they are closing from 10 PM - 6 AM every night now, so that the workers can focus on refilling the shelves from whatever trucks come in with new merchandise.

As I am writing this, our elderly neighbor a few doors down called my DW and asked if we had any paper towels to spare because she was just out at the store and shocked to see that the shelves were bare. DW is bringing down two rolls to her now.

The one place that still has ample merchandise is the local beef farmer's store. We buy as much of our meats as possible straight from the farmers, but I guess most people are discouraged by the higher price and cash-only business for the good beef.....