View Single Post
      05-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #23
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBMW14 View Post
The GT is the only 6-series currently being sold. Not to my taste. There will be a new 6-series but not I have been told for at least another year, probably two. BMW too busy with launches of other models.
I wouldn't count on any new 6 Series models soon. The new G1x 8 Series is the replacement for the F0x/F1x 6 Series. Any possible new 6 Series model (such as a new Gran Coupe) would likely have to wait until the next generation 5 Series (G60).

Now that all of the outgoing 6 Series coupe, convertible, and Gran Coupe units have been cleared off of lots, the 6GT isn't able to mask its sales total by being lumped in with them anymore. And it is indeed a miserable performer, barely outselling the i8 this month, for example. No wonder that BMW has already said that neither the 3GT nor 6GT will live past their current generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
In two years it will be 65% which is really unfortunate. I wonder if we have hit the point of no return for cars. Everyone wants CUV/SUV's now and I don't think it's a reversible trend.
Sedans probably won't go as low as two door passenger cars which make up less than 5% of the US market - a fraction of their volume in their heyday. But, I would not be surprised to see sedans taper down to 15% or so.
Appreciate 0