View Single Post
      04-07-2020, 11:04 PM   #2
Furlow
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 750i, 2008 BMW 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapo911 View Post
Hey everyone! I just picked up my first BMW product today. Its an 07 550i with 64k miles on it. So far the car has been great. I did have 2 questions though.

1. First is the transmission. It seems when I shift the car over to shift "manually", the car does nothing. It wont downshift when I tell it, it wont upshift when I tell it, it just drives like its in auto. The dash still has the D on it, where I would expect it to change to S or D1 or something. I do have a TPMS light on so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Any ideas what up here?

2. Are there any good livability mods I should be looking at? Im going to keep the mechanics of the car stock but what mods make the car feel newer than it is? I currently have a bluetooth audio adapter plugged into the rear aux so at least I have bluetooth streaming.

Thanks everyone!
First two things to do are change the gaskets in the transmission (I believe there are six), and have the valve cover and valve cover gasket replaced. Common problems with E60's and will save you thousands by doing it now.

I'd also imagine there's some preventative maintenance for the turbo system, but I'm not aware as I only have a 528i.

My 08 528i doesn't have a backup camera so I'm considering that. I also haven't quite figured out how to hook up my iPod yet lol. Congrats on your purchase though!
Appreciate 0