Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
If your data is from girls your age, I'm not surprised. The education system and virtue signallers in the media have succeeded in indoctrinating young people to believe that absolutely nothing is funny. No more jokes about ethnicities or any other identity; I can't make jokes about the Irish, even though I'm almost 100% Irish. No more jokes about male-female relationships - because THE PATRIARCHY!. We can't laugh about someone's misfortune, not even our own - because someone out there will have made the same mistake, and me joking about it might crush their fragile spirit. Humor is based, in large part, on pushing the boundaries of what's offensive. When everything's offensive, there aren't any boundaries to push and the whole system falls apart.

Comedians used to love doing gigs at college campuses. It was pretty lucrative, and they knew the college wasn't going to stiff them. There are almost no comedians playing colleges any more. Because they realized some time ago that pushing the boundaries of taste and decency wasn't allowed there.
I don't disagree with that but imagine this: you're a somewhat attractive girl in her physical peak, and you're sitting at home, bored, on Tinder etc. So many guys open with "haha are you covid? because you're 19 and i wanna spread you" or "if covid doesnt take you out, can i" sorta lines it must get old

I don't think it was a thing out of "corona jokes bad" but it was more of a "it's getting old, be creative" sorta thing
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00