View Single Post
      03-26-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Everything is relative. There are pluses and minuses to every job. My current job can be stressful at times, but there are lots of good things about it. For the most part the good outweighs the bad.

My job right out of college was doing insurance claims. TERRIBLE job. The commute sucked (1 hour 45 minutes on the way home due to traffic) the people I worked with were horrible, the company was terrible, and the job itself just sucked because of the nature of the business and people I dealt with. I actually got so stressed I lost weight (I'm thin already). I met a good friend there who I still see regularly (he doesn't work there anymore either) and both of us said you couldn't pay us enough to work there. The position had a 50% turnover every year across the company.

I also worked as a contractor for a state agency. More relaxed environment work-wise, but the politics were quite the downer, and got annoying really quickly. No job is perfect, you have to decide what is important and if it is manageable.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3