11-27-2019, 12:07 PM   #2677
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post

last week i requested off Wednesday (today) and friday, thursday office is closed. I have plenty of vacation time. The boss said Wednesday might be tough because I need to send out projects, work on last minute redlines. tuesday we will see the work flow and if its slow then you can take off. I said I can come in and leave early if you need me.......

yesterday the boss was out of the office for field visits, meetings etc. I sent him message 230pm, reminding him if i was ok to take off wednesday.... NO REPLY.
i find out boss's bro is out today. he couldnt reply pls come in and leave early??? its slow, i am caught up with all of deadlines i had.
I feel for you man. Unfortunately I work in a field where we are at work when no one else is (Shutdowns). Fortunately I have a boss (President) who pretty much lets me take any time I ask for....especially since I never use the 4 weeks of vacation I get each year.

But I'm always here by 5:00AM and usually don't get out until 4:00 PM. He tells me he doesn't want me to burn myself out.

But it sucks when you have to work for someone like you described. And typically the one who is the most loyal to the company tends to get screwed the most.
nyalpine907433.00