View Single Post
      08-12-2020, 11:47 AM   #2467
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahh View Post
Just getting into the gym for the first time in my life (for lifting) at age 28 . I've always had a slim build (grew up playing soccer) and maintained a pretty good weight 6'3" ~180. Since moving away from my apartment in the city near the river a few years ago, I've stopped running, but still drinking and eating carelessly. I hit 220 lbs during covid and I've decided to start going to the gym regularly. I'm about 5 weeks in and I got at least 4 days a week focusing pretty much solely on lifting vs cardio. Starting to see some real results has been motivating. However, I am having trouble with deadlifts, any of you taller guys out there have similar issues? I just can't get the motions down and I feel like my legs are always in the way.
I'd video record yourself to see how your form is while doing a lighter weight. Many of the guys at the gym do this for explicit reasons to check their form and not for vanity purposes.

I can't remember what I was doing when I did do dead lifts when I was younger. I don't do them now as I have lower back issues. Oh and I'm 6'5".
Appreciate 0