View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 01:07 AM   #641
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

I have bought a couple of replica watches and I must say none of them surpasses a modest Seiko 5 movement let alone Sellita or ETA .
For Rolex , none of them gets close by an inch at all even the highest pricest Chinese models because Rolex has its own tricks such as 904 L Grade Steel , Cerachrome and elusive crown logo at 6 o'clock . When I handle a Rolex watch I try to see that renowned logo .In a genuine Rolex model, you can't easily spot it whereas in replica Rolex you can easily see it there unless we talk about Milgauss models as they don't have crown at 6 o'clock .
I have an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Off Shore replica ,albeit it is really hard to differentiate it from an authentic one I still see some defects on it such as shaky second hand past 9 o'clock marker , lack of movement embellishments ,wobbly accuracy .I have not weighed to see if it would match the weight of the original one it but scale doesn't lie at all
Buying a replica is pure waste of money and for that kinda of money you could buy a Citizen , Seiko variants at least these brands have their own characteristics and never let you down unless you push them beyond their limits
If I had same thoughts as today as then when I bought replica watches I would have never spent a dime on them