View Single Post
      12-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #78
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Wait for Tesla Cybertruck people will hanging out of their windows to take the picture (before it will get oversaturated of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
I've commented here and there in a few EV threads, but they almost all end up being a back and forth between ICE and EV camps. I have nothing against Tesla and actually think the technology is pretty amazing. I also don't see myself in an EV for many years at least. I like cars of all kinds and they don't have to be fast to be cool. Having grown in in a car-culture family, it's in my blood. I want my cars to be something that excites me and those that are like me. That's why I built my Cobra. That car gets more attention than any other car I've ever driven. My M550i will out perform it in a number of ways, but I don't have people hanging out of their window taking pictures of the BMW. I'd love to drive a Plaid to see how that ridiculous acceleration feels. I also like the sound of a big V8. I always wanted to add a gear drive timing set on my Camaro when I was in high school, because it sounded cool. I love the turbo whistle on my F-250, I love the burble as the BMW pounds through the gears under hard acceleration. I like the go-kart like steering and deafening exhaust of the Cobra. Heck, I even like the quiet comfort of my wife's Lexus when we are on a road trip. For some, cars are just appliances, and there are plenty of them out there that do nothing more than serve that purpose. For others, cars are an emotional outlet that stimulate the senses; some just in different ways than others.
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
soooma1377.50