View Single Post
      10-21-2021, 11:05 PM   #9
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Gonna go against the grain here and skip Florence. I never understood the draw. Been there twice (second time wasn’t really up to me) and wasn’t hugely into it, and I have been all over Italy.

Best to list the places your wife is interested so we can help. Italy is a long country and it would take months, if not years, to do it justice. With 2 weeks, you’ll need to focus on a certain region. If northern, you could go to Milan, Lake Como/Bellagio, Verona, Venice, and Genoa. Pick 3 out of those. If Tuscany area, you could do Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Bologna, and Lucca. Again, choose 3 (with maybe a day trip to Pisa). More south is where Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento (not technically on Amalfi Coast), and the Amalfi Coast itself. For a more relaxed pace you could spend 5-7 days in Amalfi and visit all the towns. I prefer Amalfi Coast over Cinque Terre, although CT is also very picturesque. People tend to prefer one over the other.

There are tons of other towns in between that are worth visiting too. Modena for cars, for example. You could also go way south and visit Sicily.

Btw, out of curiosity, would you ever entertain paying someone to plan/tailor your trip for you?
Appreciate 1
JP102465.00