View Single Post
      04-21-2024, 06:15 PM   #8
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Ugh are they doing that at Tetons and Yellowstone? Is it all year or only the summer? When we went we just had our yearly pass both in 2019 and 2021 no issues getting in. In 2019 we went in the RV and yeah no way we were going to be staying in the park last minute like that. We actually found a really nice RV park almost an hour outside Tetons in Dubois. We actually had a great time in that little town. They had a crazy 4th of July parade... so many old tanks and other military vehicles... probably don't want to fuck with Dubois.

The only bears we've seen was actually on the drive into Tetons from Dubois. We saw one large grizzly on a hill side and we saw a baby bear running through some field.
Correct, most parks require it including those. Only one I haven't seen it at is The Great Sand Dunes in Colorado last year. My in-laws were at those parks in August and it required time permits. They also had to sleep in their car a few times due to no hotels or camp grounds having vacancy. Like I said the way around it is to enter BEFORE the time slots start. Getting the America the Beautiful pass with the mirror hanger is a must in order to do this.

I've been to most of the major and many smaller NPs and the crowds now are unbearable. No way I would go during peak season. Wife and I spend about 3-4 weeks a year exploring the parks and always in off season. Hotels are about 25% peak cost as well. Tetons is an issue in off season as many roads close for winter.
Appreciate 1