12-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #37
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
My dad worked for Bud Moore as a Nascar mechanic in the early to mid '60s so I grew up with the roar of a 427. Dad did all his own work and I followed in his footsteps.
BMW's and Fords aren't all that much different, the BMW might have a few funny heads on some bolts but it is all just nuts and bolts.
I'm very blessed to live out in the county with plenty of space for a shop and no zoning requirements. I built a 30' x 40' shop with two rollup doors, a 30' workbench along the back wall and I have a two stage air compressor, four double-decker rollaround toolboxes and most recently, a quickjack. Love that thing.

This looks like the garage my buddy built at his house about 12 yrs ago in Eagleville, TN (between Nash & Murfreesboro). Makes me miss having all that space living in TN. Down here in S. FL, I've got no chance of ever having enough land to build something like that, even before dealing with zoning. Would literally cost me $1M+.
Makes me wanna move back home to Nashville
Appreciate 0