12-19-2020, 03:41 PM   #29
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
My dad worked for Bud Moore as a Nascar mechanic in the early to mid '60s so I grew up with the roar of a 427. Dad did all his own work and I followed in his footsteps.
BMW's and Fords aren't all that much different, the BMW might have a few funny heads on some bolts but it is all just nuts and bolts.
I'm very blessed to live out in the county with plenty of space for a shop and no zoning requirements. I built a 30' x 40' shop with two rollup doors, a 30' workbench along the back wall and I have a two stage air compressor, four double-decker rollaround toolboxes and most recently, a quickjack. Love that thing.

What model of compressor if you don't mind sharing. And... awesome your dad was a NASCAR mechanic. That must have been great growing up in that environment.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0