12-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #10
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
hey guys,
I did Phillip Island a day or so after the pads and fluid were done, so pretty much bedded them in on the circuit. I was surprised initially at how there was more modulation in the brakes then before, my stock pads were kind of 'grabby'. I was worried at first this meant there was no stopping power but across the 4 sessions I never once had an oh shit moment (from the brakes I mean, plenty from my ability)
They were strong and reliable. My only disclaimer, I have no point of comparison on track as it was my second track day and I don't know what pads BMW use on the cars for the M Advanced 1 day. If I had to guess, I'd say something more track specific as they screeched like crazy.

On the road there had been a tiny bit of squealing after just driving in the city, but seems to have cleared up. They are definitely a bit dull when cold, you just need to get a bit of heat into them.
I did a 370km drive yesterday up and around northwest Victoria (yes in the 40deg C outside temps)
, gave the car a good thrashing and again no issues.