View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #362
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
The E90 seems decently reliable other than the models with N54 engine. I would agree that anything earlier than E90 is asking for trouble.
Efthreeoh never said that, and I whole-heartedly disagree with that statement (in bold).

I had an m30 e34 from 180k-205k miles. Most dead-nuts reliable car I've owned. Sold it to a guy who let it sit for 4-6 months (not connected to a charger) and then in the dead of winter, his daily (<10 y/o) Camry didn't start. 27 y/o E34 fired right up so he started driving it more regularly.

It got flooded once under my ownership, puddles of water in the interior, clutch was slipping like hell from being soaked. Soaked up the water with towels, put some diapers in the affected areas, drove it a bit so the clutch dried, and never had a single issue.

My e30 is reliable as hell too. 230k on it currently. I've had that car since high school and other than a wheel bearing going out (at over 200k) I haven't had a single issue that wasn't directly caused by something dumb that I did.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17146.50