View Single Post
      04-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #19
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybingo View Post
Apple watch will die in the next 2 or 3 years.. it's a piece of junk.... People will realize that $100 cost to replace battery is not worth it to invest in it.
how you know it is junk have you used one yet, I know the answer to that, no you have not since even the one in the stores run a demo program not the actually functional one. I like how people are ready to declare something as non-usable or junk when they never even used it.

Personally I am in a wait and see state with the Apple Watch. The fact that Apple is marketing as a fashion item not tech i suspect they realize that people will expect it to be usable well beyond the standard 2 to 3 yrs of everyday tech product.

Not sure what the cost to replace the battery will be, but I have a watch that cost $10 to replace the battery and another which cost $50 due to the process to unseal and reseal the unit. It is all relative. I would also expect the apple watch to have it battery replaced in 5+ yrs since it most likely to have a charge/discharge cycle around 2500 cycles which most batteries have if you properly charge them.

Last edited by Maestro; 04-17-2015 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0