04-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #328
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashplate View Post
I can't be bothered to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on cufflinks as I inevitably loose one of them. My sis who occasionally lives in DC bought me these. They are from a stall in Eastern Market. Very reasonable ($40)
Super cool!!! TY for sharing.

Eastern Market! Wow. I'm going to have to venture over to the other side of town when I get home again.

FWIW, I always have a couple pairs of silk, French knot cuff links in my suitcase. (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Knot-C...Fe99Ogod8VEADQ) I would be furious with myself were I to lose a pair of really nice cufflinks. The knots work just fine and it doesn't stress me out to replace them. The ones your sister gave you are also very cool and at $40 not so pricey that I'd kick myself if they were lost or damaged.

My favorite links are the double sided ones affixed to little chains. They flex a bit and don't cause the shirt to pull when I extend my arm. They are also easier (I find) to fasten as after putting one side in before I don the shirt, the other side slips through the buttonhole like, well, a button. LOL.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0