04-04-2024, 09:59 PM   #32
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
If find yourself working in fast food place and you’re not a teenager and still living under your parent’s roof, you should be saying to yourself what the hell did you do wrong in your life. Those jobs that pay minimum wage were meant for anyone to provide a living wage. Those are starter jobs to get experience and teach you to do something better in life.

I personally never did those kinds of jobs when I was teenager. I was always was able to find jobs that paid more, but those jobs required you to work hard real manual labor. One job I had was working in lumber yard loading contractors trucks, another was working on golf course taking care of greens and stuff, I also worked in the warehouse of moving company unloading and loading trucks.

I understand not everyone has skills, however, if you want to make a good living there are plenty of jobs that do not require a degree of specific skills that pay really well, but you have have to work. One example you can become a truck driver, most companies will train you and the starting wage is $55k, however, it’s not an easy work. There are 10 of thousands of truck driver jobs.
The worst trainees I had were college grads. They were very limited in their creativity. It takes a pretty unique set of skills and mentality to be a controller. Not everyone can handle the stress. Personally, it was just a voice on the other end of the radio and I had no emotional attachment to it and no matter what happened, I got to go home at the end of my shift; though there was a possibility of paperwork. I would say trucking also requires a certain skill-set. It's more than just driving.

Minimum wage increases, as was said before, also increases the wages of those higher up the wage ladder. If Joe fry cook gets an extra $4 than so should I. After all, I have seniority over Joe.

Unions are past their time (I've been in more than one). They do nothing but protect the incompetent and line the pockets of the officials. Like said before, higher wages=higher union dues. Next step is to unionize FF workers. The SEIU is just looking for more income.

Like I said before, if one is at minimum wage for more than 6 months, they are a loser.
Appreciate 4
2000cs3525.00
jesm207.50
clutchdj1907.50