05-24-2022, 04:09 PM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post

No, porpoising was fixed by changing the air flow structures under the car,
What I'm saying is who's to tell that those structures generate the same amount of downforce as the RB/Ferrari.
They might be higher off the ground. Or generate less downforce in another way.
That kind of data is not available to you or anyone else.
Point is that the MERC is still a slow car, presumably low on downforce as they loose most in the twisty sectors because their top speed is ok, even better than the top tier cars.
Who's to say that the lack of downforce comes from a floor that generates less downforce and therefore solves the porpoising.
You have no intel on how merc exactly changed their floor and I'm pretty sure they will tell no one.
So nothing is sure in this regard.
Most teams have said that it's a very delicate balance, so the trick is to get the most downforce out of a floor without getting it to porpoise.

That it's a better floor than the previous one.... god I might hope so otherwise a lot of money and effort is utterly wasted...
But having it solved, is something I think you can only say when they have a car that is competitive with Ferrari/RB and still doesnt bounce.
I'm sure that RB and Ferrari can come up with a floor that creates more downforce than the current one they use, so that they potentially can run less aero on the top of the car, but that floor would probably proproise so much more that driving becomes undoable.
So maybe having the car that porpoises the least might not be a good thing. You might not have the full potential downforce from that floor.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-24-2022 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60016.50