Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sublime00;28793145"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "damnitBobby;28792225"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sublime00;28771558"
Back to the Corolla, I do think that this is a special car, much more special than a RS3 or STI (no offense) and once the hype dies down a bit, it should be available at MSRP. Yes this will never be a car you can walk down to the local Toyota dealership and pick up on a weekend, and will require you to do a little leg work in order to purchase at a good price. With the car being built in Japan on the same factory and production line (i could be mistaken about the production line) as the LFA, this is a rare modern Japanese built sports car with a lot of the same R&D that makes the GR Yaris special. I can't say too much more, bc reviews aren't out and I haven't driven it, but I do have high hopes for this car. And as mentioned above, I had a pretty easy time getting a deposit on the car at MSRP. Hopefully the car won't suck ass, lol.

Respectfully disagreeing here. I know the media got this car real hyped right now. But let's be honest with ourselves, this car will be no faster than a STI, EvoX, CTR, Golf R or any of those cars that have been on the market for quite some time now. There's nothing groundbreaking in what will be offered here. AWD economy car with souped up little motor

I know it's a Toyota product and it will be reliable. We all know that. But people these days (especially the people on here) don't keep their cars long enough to see it go past 100k miles. Most get bored and trade it in before they probably even reach 40-50k miles. I'm guilty of this myself lately.

I mean it's a cool car and all, and I think it's one of the better looking hot hatches. But the media coverage is really playing up a car that is recycling a very old formula.
Nothing wrong with the car being as fast as a Golf R or an STI or a type R civic, isn't that the yardstick for hot hatches?

0-60 times are a pointless metric, it'll come down to driving dynamics and the "fun" factor plus price paid.

In terms of pricing, would I pay $55k for a GR Corolla? Definitely not. But I also don't think an m2 comp is worth $70k nor a Porsche carrera S at $170k nor a GT3 at $250k.

There's plenty of trash being made by BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, pretty much every brand. I can't speak for everyone but I'm not into 90% of cars in any manufacturers current lineup. I do think as an enthusiast community, we should all be giving props to any manufacturer making a car like a GR Corolla, or a manual M3, or any of the aforementioned sports cars.

If you're not into the aesthetic of the GR Corolla I get it, but it's an actual Japanese built rally inspired hot hatch. If you're upset that a Corolla is commanding a markup solely bc it's badged as a Corolla, then you're most likely a brand snob that's way too insecure.

I'll also say, that we have no idea how this will drive, hopefully it's not all hype. Fingers crossed that reality meets and exceeds expectations.
Nothing wrong with it being as fast as them, no. However it better be priced accordingly and at least here in America 0 to 60 does still matter. That's where most people do their driving. The hype is already out of control on this car. Seems like great engineering with all the horsepower they got out of that tiny motor and all that stuff but other than that let's face it there's nothing really special here. It's going to be a slow daily driver for those that can't afford to step up into something that's an actual performance car that's an actual performance car
I really hope impressing strangers brings you plenty of validation.

Consider laminating and hanging your bank balance around your neck for all to see when you're not doing 0-60 times between traffic lights in your "actual performance car".
Appreciate 5
Burrcold5288.00
kyriian883.50
heavyD^23688.50
Biginboca3763.50