Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
What bridge in the background?
Clearwater Beach to Indian Rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Cool video!!!

I think you should try skateboarding again and record it

How hard is wake boarding for a beginner? I want to try it on my next upcoming beach vacay but will I be basically doing face plants the whole time?
The concrete has gotten far to hard to start skating again. lol

You'll do a few face plants, but once you get up, it's fairly easy to stay up and for a beginner, it's quite rewarding to get up and ride around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
I remember my skateboarding days. Consisted of awesome threads, riding around on flat ground, 2'' ollies, and half kick flips...., X Games material, basically.
I was a little more proficient. A few of the guys i skated with went pro a few years after i quite. And i was the only one of our group that was sponsored before i quite. Having my parents' huge ass driveway and back yard filled with ramps probably helped. Tampa was largely untapped for the skating industry and being that most all the skaters in the city knew me for my little skate park; i'm guessing that played into why they wanted me to be riding their gear and wearing their stuff. The guys i rode with are still in it. They built SPOT which is one of the largest, coolest skate parks in FL. They've actually hosted some of Tony Hawks' tour jams. Good times..... Damn cars supplanted my love for skating and ate up all my money.

It is fun to see some kids kicking around on boards and asking them if i can try it. Then busting out a kick flip or rail slide really freaks them out. lol I'm sure they looking for some lulz at my expense. So seeing their faces after i do something they're struggling with is pretty fun. Makes me feel like Marty McFly in BTTF. haha