06-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #43
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
Nice

But no, we both don't drink much alcohol - i just binge on special occasions.
No tea either, we both have 1 coffee in the mornings - thats it
I see the flag in your avatar, really, I do. But I'm starting to question whether that flag and your nationality actually match up. @MI 6 - you may have a foreign operator on your soil...just saying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I spend 221 euros on food and the other shit you get from a supermarket per week.

Where is the thread where we list how much we all spend in hardware stores?
That thread does not exist, because absolutely none of us want our respective significant others to ever stumble across it - we aren't into the self-incriminating ways of Jussie Smollett.

I'm actually *pretty good* (in my opinion) when it comes to hardware stores. But just yesterday I took the car in because one of the tires was leaking from the rim (and I figured it was just grime / improper seal from rim to tire). But the shop took great delight in showing me that it was in fact a cracked rim, and that was why it was losing pressure.

Of course, it was a cracked OEM rim, so I called the dealer to see what it might cost to order in a new rim. They wanted $1,100 plus tax for one rim. After my ability to speak returned, I politely told them I'd call back if I needed it.

Wound up ordering 4 new aftermarket rims instead for less than $1,100 plus tax and I figure I can probably sell the OEM ones for a few bucks to lower my costs.

Kicker on this is my dearest wife is absolutely convinced that I do nothing but buy tires (and rims) for the car. I've tried to explain that I'm actually buying them for her car too, so she should cut her calculations and associated blame / guilting in half, but she isn't having it. The 12 to 16 tires in the basement probably was not helping my case. Most of them are gone now...now it is just 8 tires in the basement at any given time.

So I've decided the best policy here is to simply not tell her about the leak, cracked rim, or the subsequent four new rims that are going on the car on Monday / Tuesday and just wait and see if she notices. If she doesn't, then I'm free and clear. But I suspect the dog and I will be bedding together on Monday night.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent15127.00
2000cs3495.00
Lups11824.50