07-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #69
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
I've flipped between like 4-5 different cars in the last 4 years. gtr, f30, frs, 458, f80. I think if you play your cards right you can buy used, swap, and not lose a ton of money. Its kind of helped me find out more about what I like in a car and whats important to me.

I usually keep my weekend car 3-4 years. I just feel like by holding on to a car for 5 years+ I'm missing out on things. There's no denying chassis rigidity, brakes, lighting have all improved in the last few years. My 458 headlights are garbage compared to the LEDs on my F80 for instance.

If I had to hold onto a weekend sports car for 10+ years... that would mean i'd only get to swap between 4-5 different exotic/supercars in my entire life. life is short, and just way too many nice Porsches, lambos, Ferraris out there to stay stuck with one for so long.
See I can't really get an understanding of you wanting to do that. I can appreciate your enthusiasm for driving different cars but I have a very small list of cars i TRULY want and for me it's those or bust. I don't want things just because others love them I only want what I love and what fires my imagination.

Perhaps the difference between people like you and I is that I have very specific tastes and want to only try those and you like many things and want to try them all.