Thread: Rolex
View Single Post
      07-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #116
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I haven't once said anything condescending about anyone's watch. I'm wearing a German watch today that is cheaper than any current Rolex. It's a sports watch, on a cloth band. With french cuffs. Yep, it's kinda contrary to everything I just said.

I think the early comment that what I'm really defining as luxury is more of the dressy aspect of it, not that any watch isn't a luxury. A casio calculator watch is a luxury, given that your phone tells you what time it is.

I do have an internal dialog with myself sometimes when I notice a great watch. Not many people wear watches, much less, good mechanical watches. An old colleague had about a dozen JLC's and always seemed to wear the right one for the occasion. Wear what you like, my opinion of it is just that. If I think it's silly to wear a gold VC with moon phase with shorts and flip flops, I don't think it really impacts the dude who can afford to do that. Same goes for a guy wearing a Seamaster with a suit. I may not like it, but I also don't like brussel sprouts, and I have yet to try to destroy Belgium. In fact, I'm not even sure that they're responsible for that vile vegetable.
Appreciate 0