05-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #660
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Performance has gotten a bit "meh" though. I mean, the difference between 3.9 and 4.3 to 100 clicks is fuck all, monumentally irrelevant. The actual driving experience is far, far more important to ownership experience than 3.9 vs 4.3.

Which is why i said i'd take the GT350 of those cars listed in the test, just fucking listen to the thing. It's all revs and attitude and glorious noise.
As long as you are okay adding a quart of oil every 500 miles. C&D had to add 21 quart to their long term GT350 and they got a good engine;

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...lity-update-3/

Quote:
And then there's the oil-consumption issue: Over 40,000 miles, we added 21.5 quarts of 5W-50. That's in addition to scheduled oil changes. It's the most we've ever added during a long-term test by a long shot. Ford released a supplement to the owner's manual stating that the engine might consume a quart every 500 miles under severe use. "Severe use" pretty accurately sums up our treatment of just about any car, but particularly one with an 8250-rpm redline. And we were lucky; internet forums are rife with horror stories of Shelbys consuming far more.
Appreciate 0