View Single Post
      08-17-2021, 07:09 PM   #47
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Same. Im not milling my own flour though, I have easy access to imported 00 using the softer wheat so I just stick with that.

I WAS making my own cheese too but even that, I honestly found some good quality stuff locally so I just buy. But honestly the dough and sauces are stupid easy to make the night before and do a slow-rise. Get your own tomato and herb garden, etc. Then doing it on wood or coal and you get that nice little smoky funk in the char.

I really pushed myself to make one every week until I got it down, then it was all about pizza parties pre-covid. Im about to have neighbors over tomorrow for a mini party mainly to show my neighbor this callabrian chili sausage for it. There is a funny backstory where he accidentally made a pizza with thai chilis so I figured Id show him what a good spicy pizza was supposed to be.

I have not made fresh mozzarella yet, but I’ll be playing with that soon.

I have 3 or 4 flours and recipes that are my ‘go tos’ and I usually make my proven dough and one that’s a little experimental. I like 00, and I blend it with about 20% fresh milled.
Appreciate 0