Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Well now, you've forced me to call bull shit. I use a 25mm extension tube and a 1.4 TC with my f4 all the time. In fact, I took around 100 macros today with the 70-200 f4 plus the ET.

The f4 is significantly sharper than the 2.8, so when you put that ET or TC on your not amplifying distortion.

Dave
never said the extension or the 1.4tc cause distortion...(if my long winded paragraph made it sound so...it was unintentional)

I was saying that when using the 1.4TC, you must give up a stop automatically, so starting from 2.8 and going to 4, is amazing (b/c you have a ridiculous telephoto thats F4)if you started with F4, and lost a stop to F 5.6, youre pretty much giving up the ability to shoot hand held in low light without huge iso bumps @ F5.6

as far as the macro tube, it works on both 2.8 and 4 w/o giving up a stop...so theres no difference really there, but the bokeh when you do macro shots is really nice with 2.8 vs. 4

its the 1.4 TC that has the difference b/c you give up a stop

and the F4 is not SIGNIFICANTLY sharper, its pixel picky sharper, but we'll see whos sharper when the lights go down