View Single Post
      02-06-2024, 08:56 PM   #29
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Although the food here is not too shabby for a hospital, looking at the same menu for two weeks is getting pretty old. If I wasn’t so hungry, I would’ve scrolled through DoorDash to find something I thought would be really nice, but my belly said I was out of time. I just ordered a sandwich from the hospital. Ham, turkey, bacon and avocado. I would say it will pair very well with a nice box or jug of red wine, although I chose lemon lime Gatorade and water.😀
When hospitalized several years ago (traffic accident - broke some stuff) hospital staff kindly queried if I had any food preferences (standard procedure). I replied: "All OK, no exceptions but it would be nice if you could arrange for doubling the dessert". And so all meal stickers during my hospital stay indicated dessert × 2. My beloved wife wasn't surprised when she found out.

Speaking for myself: in general, nurses took extra good care of me, walking the extra mile with a smile and kind words (including sometimes strictly private conversations), day and night. Noticed that on many occasions throughout my hospital stay.

Genuine respect and a positive mindset about the vulnerable situation can help making your stay more comfortable, hubbahubba.
Lady Jane71487.00