View Single Post
      09-02-2022, 05:46 PM   #15
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Moving to North Carolina, Western part. I go down there a lot and every time I go, there are always projects happening, not Miami level, but new roads/highways, lux apartments, bunch of small local businesses. Looks like the biggest employers there are hospitals, which usually always need new tech.

Very good info, some things I didn't even think about! I don't know exactly what I would want to sell yet. I guess it depends on what the area is buying, correct? The part of NC I'm moving to has a few big fields, mainly hospitality and health care. Nowadays, I feel like every industry needs some sort of software boost.

My background is in Real Estate sales (before that construction management), since I'm going to a new area, my sphere of influence is obviously smaller, so I'll have to fight my way up again in Real Estate
world (everyone's mom and grandma is a Realtor now ). I'm in a decent position to just do Real Estate sales down there, but tech is obviously taking over and selling itself, so it might be a good idea to get in now. I do Real Estate investing as well, so I can stay in the field by doing the investing part.

The software sales industry is very broad, are there any forums/groups that help you narrow things down? Or get started?

Will PM. I have done my fair share of cold calling, cold texting, knocking on doors.. I'm pretty sure I'm done with that part of my life for good lol. Got a kid, another one on the way and a wife and cold calling just does not fit into my lifestyle right now.
There is a growing tech sector over in the Raleigh area. Cisco has a huge campus down there.

As to what forums/groups to consult/join, I don't know. You really have to pick an area where you have some interest. It's not always the rule but for me I find myself being a better salesperson when I actually have an interest in the product I'm selling. I also lucked into my first sales position as it was via a refer from a friend. Never in a million years would I think I'd end up in sales as I have a disdain towards sales people. But here I am. And I've been at it since 2011.
Appreciate 0