11-20-2019, 01:55 PM   #43
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Appreciate your advice man! It's funny that I've scoured the internet, watched hours of youtube videos, listened to do this and don't that, then don't do that, do this; take these suppliments, don't take those supplements, take these supplements to the point where I can see how and why people give up. But I have learned more here, aside from paying attention to how my body responds to the various stimuli I have subjected it to. You and Rmtt have been a huge help!

Although I'm still keeping careful track of every calorie that I eat, I've shifted my focus off dropping body fat percentage to just grinding at the gym. I started a new method this week, that I'm really enjoying. 4 sets of ten on each group that I work that day. The next time I work that group 4 sets of 11, next time 4 sets of 12, then increase weight and start back at 4 of ten....and so on and so forth. I've got to get my progressive overload going. This is going to be my focus for the next couple of months with slowly increasing calories. Come February or March I'll cut for a few weeks and hopefully the results will be somewhere close to what I want. Then I'll reformulate the game plan and start again. Pumped about the next few months.

You got this man. You've done it long enough that you know what works for your body. Just keep in mind that building muscle is the most important. Focus on that and even if you find yourself astray later from taking in too many calories (we all do)...the more muscle you are carrying...the easier it is to recover from it.

It's funny when I look back at all the time I have done this....but even an extra 100 calories a day is enough to swing momentum back in the right direction when you find yourself hitting a plateau.

The biggest thing is knowing if it is calories that is causing the plateau...or if it is something else such as recovery , CNS overload, etc.

That's why I always continue doing what I'm doing for at least a couple of weeks before I make a change to anything. Sometimes your body just needs a chance to adapt!

That could mean an extra day of rest, 30 seconds more time between sets, etc. But find one variable and focus on it. You got your diet down, so I think you are doing the right thing as focusing on progression in the gym. That's where it all starts!
JP102462.00