09-03-2019, 12:37 AM   #22
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Koenigsegg Jesko might do that.

He needs to find the road that is long enough.

Last time they closed the road from public and it's not the safest way to do it.
Christian von Koenigsegg said in the past (a few years back) that the biggest problem isnt the car, but getting a major tyre manufacturer to work with you to develop a tyre that can safely withstand those speeds.
I think the past Koenigsegg record also wasn't an efford of Koenigsegg (although they were present) but from a customer that bought the car and organized the closed road etc.

Also with this car, both the car and tyre are bespoke.
I guess that because this is a bespoke car made for this run and not a production car, this is not a production car record (so Koenigsegg still holds that).
For bespoke high speed cars, the record is with thrust ssc, going 2,5 times as fast as this over 2 decades ago. But thats a jet powered car.
For piston engines, the top speed record is 462mph (2 way run is 439) set in 2012 by the US speed demon team.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
beats225.00