Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Wine.

There's a lot of crap (added sugar, extra sulfites, & up to 250 different chemicals can be added, etc) in wine that doesn't need to be there. Last year I signed up to be a consultant and really enjoy it. A few friends have quit their jobs because they have done so well. I do it more for dabbling to learn about wine & I probably drink more than I sell. I really enjoy wine with dinner so it's been nice learning which are good pairings.
Is this why some wines really don't agree with my wife? I would love to learn more about wine. On our trip to Africa, we used a sommelier at every meal we could and man, did they know their stuff. Made everything so nice. A $500 bottle of wine with the wrong food tastes like utter crap. A $20 bottle of wine with the right food is magical. I do still have my taste for wine sans food (Caymus, Stags Leap Artimus, Shafer 1.0). But they don't always taste good with a lot of foods.

So, after all that yammering I did, where can we get started on this? We both love wine and food and want to learn more.