View Single Post
      06-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #13
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Yeah first quote is $43K, which has an allowance for replacing some wood, but not all of it. So likely extra for more plywood and fascia that will inevitably be needed. That does not include removing and reinstalling the mosquito misting system or replacing gutters. Or fixing anything they accidentally break like light fixtures. Just first quote but was shocking considering I had $25K - $30K in my head somehow.

Numerous neighbors replaced roofs over past few years. I planning on talking to as many as I can.
$43K for only the roof and doesn't cover damages? That seems high and odd. Don't get me wrong I deal primarily with industrial type projects and I'm learning about the costs of home ownership as I go. I have a friend that does residential remodels. A guy that works for him is notorious for accidentally bumping into expensive things and breaking them. His insurance covers him mostly. I would imagine they would be required to posses the same to cover any damages. I need to replace my roof in the next few years. Keep us posted. You have me curious (and nervous) now.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410954.50