cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I live by myself and my monthly food cost is about $500 dollars conservatively. I don't know whether that's high or low. So if you have a family of four, that could easily be around $2000 dollars? For comparison, my monthly mortgage for a modest house is only $1250, which means potentially a house hold food budget will be a lot higher than their mortgage and since the mortgage is fixed, due to inflation, the food cost/mortgage will just going higher and higher in the future.
I'm guessing a single guy living in LA isn't exactly good at food shopping. You're buying small quantities and I'm assuming quick fix or prepared food so you're paying more.

My other half does the food shopping and he is damn good at it. He will look through the flyers, cut coupons, use digital coupons. I do the specialty food shopping at the Italian supermarket. I will spend more for one meal and some specialties than he spends to stock the refrigerator and freezer for a week.