View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 06:05 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

I’m a huge IWC enthusiast they are my absolute favorite watch. My opinion is that right now is not their best collection, though the Port’s u have pictured above are masterpieces that will always be desirable. But not an investment...if buying at auction or used and has one of their significant movements then maybe...but to make that move you’d need to be an expert or have access to an expert and that knowledge wouldn’t be available to most people.

Blancpain is a resurrection, they died then were brought back. Kind of amazing to think a Fifty-Fathom wouldn’t be a sure investment. I also read the fifty-fathom has very expensive maintenance cost. No doubt a fifty fathom is in an elite class and garners and deservedly so - absolute respect.

Then Rolex Daytona (Patek), you know in a way it’s boring. If you by the right model it’s like currency.

That’s my non-expert opinion. But first you need to try them on because you need to make sure the watch fits your wrist and is comfy.

One last thing. I have a smallish wrist. And the IWC rep let me try on a Grande Complication from the 1990’s. And it felt amazing.

Then you really need to assess yellow gold or rose gold. I tend to think right now, white gold and of course platinum are the sure materials.

Though Rolex stainless steel 904 has proven brilliant - whether through marketing I don’t know but Rolex ss are smart buys.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3572.50