View Single Post
      09-25-2021, 07:35 AM   #40
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I dunno, but I found this series on one of the streaming services called boonies or something like that. It's from a few years ago but basically reality tv based around some off the grid people. One dude lived in caves another up in the trees etc. I remember they basically ALL had to go into town at some point for supplies. Wether it was ammo, fuel, parts etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Bugs man, bugs. They are the worst. There used to be a series here called survivorman, it was pretty funny for the most part but dude tried to live off the land for a week and every damn time, the bugs, they just drive him insane.
You all should take a look at a show called Naked and Afraid. Survivalist at the extreme. The people on the show while having survivalist backgrounds/training have only a couple of tools/items to use to survive. They have to live off of their surroundings for 2 weeks. They don't even have clothing. Talk about what it takes to really survive. I saw one episode where one of the partners (as they do this challenge in pairs) had to tap out. Her body was literally covered in bug bites. It's bad when you can see them clearly on the TV screen.
Appreciate 0